Chris Brown’s history of aggression is due to the singer’s post traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder, a rehab facility has confirmed.
“Mr. Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD,” says a letter from the facility, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Brown has faced a litany of legal troubles in recent years beginning with his 2009 assault conviction against his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He’s also faced legal action for throwing a brick through his mother’s car’s window, allegedly partaking in a brawl with Drake at a New York nightclub and allegedly assaulting a man in Washington, D.C.
“Mr. Brown will also require close supervision by his treating physician in order to ensure his bipolar mental health condition remains stable,” says facility’s letter.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com