“So what I keep ‘em rolled up?” rapper Wiz Khalifa asked on his 2011 song “Young, Wild & Free.”
The response from Texas police: Because it’s against the law, that’s what.
The rapper was arrested for marijuana possession after he was stopped at a checkpoint in El Paso’s airport, the Associated Press reports. Because Khalifa traveled without identification, Transportation Security Administration agents performed a search and discovered a container full of marijuana. TSA personnel then contacted the police, who arrested him.
Khalifa, who was born Cameron Thomaz and was in town for a music festival, was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana. He was released after posting $300 bail.
Khalifa’s representation did not return the AP’s request for comment.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time