“So what I keep ‘em rolled up?” rapper Wiz Khalifa asked on his 2011 song “Young, Wild & Free.”
The response from Texas police: Because it’s against the law, that’s what.
The rapper was arrested for marijuana possession after he was stopped at a checkpoint in El Paso’s airport, the Associated Press reports. Because Khalifa traveled without identification, Transportation Security Administration agents performed a search and discovered a container full of marijuana. TSA personnel then contacted the police, who arrested him.
Khalifa, who was born Cameron Thomaz and was in town for a music festival, was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana. He was released after posting $300 bail.
Khalifa’s representation did not return the AP’s request for comment.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement