Beyoncé is usually so secretive about her personal life that fans often have to study her Instagram account like Zapruder footage to find out what’s going on in her world. And after the Solange-Jay Z elevator fight, it’s clear Beyoncé’s not above using the photo app to send not-so-secret P.R. messages of her own.
The TIME 100 cover star’s message to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West about their recent wedding is the latest social media post ripe for examination — to the tune of 15,136 comments. “Wishing you a lifetime of unconditional love,” Beyoncé wrote in a caption for a picture from the couple’s Vogue shoot. “God bless your beautiful family.”
The message was sandwiched between two photos reportedly taken in the Hamptons, where Beyoncé and Jay Z are said to be spending the weekend instead of attending the Kardashian-West extravaganza in Europe.
The message is certainly pleasant, and the singer and her husband probably have their own reasons for not flying across the Atlantic to witness the nuptials in person. But the Instagram message seems like the bare minimum considering what Beyoncé has done in the past when congratulating celebrities. When Frank Ocean opened up about his sexuality in 2012, Beyoncé wrote him a supportive poem. When Beyoncé wanted to show her support for Michelle Obama, she posted a hand-written letter she wrote and recorded a video about why she wrote it.
Kimye have received decidedly half-hearted Beyoncé blessings before. Last June, when West and Kardashian welcomed baby girl North West, fans thought it was a little suspicious that Beyoncé only opted for a simple Photoshop creation. The latest congratulatory picture may fuel even more speculation about just how close the two couples really are.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer