If you watched Sunday night’s Academy Awards ceremony and found yourself confused about who John Travolta was introducing to sing the Oscar-winning song “Let It Go,” you’re not alone. Apparently, even Travolta himself wasn’t sure.
Though it was Idina Menzel—who Travolta correctly, but weirdly, described as “wickedly talented”—who was singing the hit song from Frozen, the Pulp Fiction star introduced her as Adele Dazeem. (Adele Dazim? Adela Dazeem? We’re not even sure!) You can watch the flub on this Vine from Modern Family‘s Eric Stonestreet, below:
[vine url=”https://vine.co/v/MA7WgDqvqUD” width=400 height=400]
Luckily, Menzel didn’t let Travolta’s misstep rattle her, as she went on to turn out a “wickedly” amazing performance.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating