One of my favorite photo-publishing services is Shutterfly. The company takes all the cool pictures trapped on our phones and cameras and helps convert them into real world things. And not just prints, of course – you can have photos printed on mugs, phone cases, canvas prints and all sorts of other unique photo gifts.
This past week, Shutterfly announced a new Doodle drawing feature now built in to the Shutterfly Photo Story for iPad app. It lets you draw pictures or words with your finger in your choice of colors. It’s a nice little way for kids to add their own signature or personal touches to a gift, or for them to create their own children’s storybook.
Since Doodles are saved to shutterfly.com, you can use the company’s website to order from its large catalogue of custom-printed gifts as well. That opens up some neat possibilities for the creatively inspired, like creating your own custom throw pillows.
You can download the free Shutterfly Photo Story for iPad app on the Apple App Store.
This article was written by Fox Van Allen and originally appeared on Techlicious.
More from Techlicious:
- The Best Apps for Managing Your Inbox
- ‘Disney Movies Anywhere’ App Helps Manage Kids’ Collections
- Mobile Phone Use Now Widely Outpacing Online PC Use
- Gadgets that Help You Save Energy
- New Gmail ‘Unsubscribe’ Option Cuts Down Email Clutter
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears