A naked man playing a violin outside of a courthouse in Portland was arrested Friday afternoon after numerous complaints and warnings, police say.
The man said his name was Matthew Thomas Mglej and that he is 25 years old, although police have not confirmed his identity.
The man was jailed for indecent exposure under Portland city code, which states that it is “unlawful for any person to expose his or her genitalia while in a public place or place visible from a public place, if the public place is open or available to persons of the opposite sex,” according to a statement from the Portland Police Bureau.
Police gave the man several notices about his violation of city code before arresting him, but he didn’t go down without a fight: The nude violinist refused to go to the cop car and had to be carried by police.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror