Happy 115th birthday, Jeralean Talley! The Michigan supercentenarian is celebrating her Friday birthday with family, friends, and a trip to the doctor, the Detroit Free Press reports.
Talley, who reportedly doesn’t need a walker and stopped bowling only eleven years ago, is joining the estimated 300-450 people across the globe who have lived past 110.
In an interview with the Detroit Free Press, Talley said there’s no secret to her three-decade lifespan. “It’s all in the good Lord’s hands,” she said. “There’s nothing I can do about it.”
Talley, who lives in Inkster, Mich. with her 76-year-old daughter, is said to still be in good health and enjoys spending time with her 14-month-old great-great-grandson.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time