Rapper Kanye West and reality TV star Kim Kardashian are reportedly getting married Saturday in Florence, Italy.
For fans, the couple’s relationship felt like a whirlwind. Shortly after rumors emerged that they were dating in the spring of 2012, the couple announced they were expecting a baby. North West was born on June 15, 2013. And by October 2013, the two were engaged.
But West had his eye on Kardashian for much longer than that. Kardashian told Oprah the two had been friends for six or seven years before dating. And in 2012, Kanye released the song “Cold” that included the lyrics, “And I’ll admit, I had fell in love with Kim / Around the same time she had fell in love with him.” (The “him” West mentions is Kardashian’s first husband, Kris Humphries, to whom she was only married for 72 days in 2010.)
They were, it seems, “bound to fall in love.”
Watch TIME’s timeline of how Kimye’s love blossomed above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time