NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams ventured to Moscow this week for an exclusive interview with Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor who leaked classified documents about U.S. surveillance programs almost one year ago.
Snowden fled from Hawaii to Hong Kong and then later to Russia after releasing the documents. International governments and some in the American press criticized the American government for the surveillance programs revealed by Snowden’s leaks, eventually leading President Barack Obama to propose legislation that would put an end to the NSA’s bulk data collection.
NBC’s hour-long special featuring the interview with Snowden is set to air Wednesday, May 28 at 10 p.m. EST.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving