NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams ventured to Moscow this week for an exclusive interview with Edward Snowden, the former NSA contractor who leaked classified documents about U.S. surveillance programs almost one year ago.
Snowden fled from Hawaii to Hong Kong and then later to Russia after releasing the documents. International governments and some in the American press criticized the American government for the surveillance programs revealed by Snowden’s leaks, eventually leading President Barack Obama to propose legislation that would put an end to the NSA’s bulk data collection.
NBC’s hour-long special featuring the interview with Snowden is set to air Wednesday, May 28 at 10 p.m. EST.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer