The Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks had to make a long trip from Washington, the state to Washington, D.C. in order to meet President Barack Obama at the White House Wednesday, but it must have felt like home once they arrived.
The team famous for its “12th man” fan support and eardrum-shattering stadium noise was greeted by a rousing “Sea-Hawks” chant. Obama praised the team and joked about letting outspoken cornerback Richard Sherman take the mic.
The team presented the Commander-in-Chief with a “12th Man” flag instead of the customary jersey.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time