Sizzurp, the notorious cocktail celebrated by Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne, just gained a new ingredient: marijuana.
Actabliss a Southern California company is now selling a new, marijuana-infused, codeine-free version of the purple “drank” in Los Angeles, LA Weekly reports.
Traditional sizzurp usually contains prescription-strength cough syrup (containing codeine and promethazine) along with Sprite and Jolly Ranchers, all typically served in a styrofoam cup. So no, this new product is not exactly that, but it is purple and gooey and it does contain THC and cannabinoids.
The company handed out free samples to the public on April 20 (obviously) and now the product is on sale — $45 for a two-ounce bottle.
An Actabliss spokesperson told LA Weekly that customers said it “lasts 10 hours and gets them heavily medicated with that syrup feeling. It’s sedated and relaxing. It’s not just some lean knock off.”
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief