The gods of pop culture have been listening. According to Hollywood Reporter, Molly Ringwald has been cast in the film adaptation of the cartoon classic Jem and the Holograms—meaning that all of your 80’s dreams have been realized.
Deadline reports that Julette Lewis also got signed on in a “mystery role.”
While Ringwald certainly could have secured her spot as lead during her Brat Pack heyday, the role of Jem is going to Nashville’s Aubrey Peeples, who wasn’t even alive in the 80’s.
The movie is already shooting in Los Angeles and will be directed by Jon M. Chu, director of Step Up 2 and Step Up 3D.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time