Virginians still love Dave Matthews Band and Rick Ross still reigns as the Teflon Don in Florida, according to the Echo Nest’s map published this week that showcased the most popular bands in the U.S. on a state-by-state basis.
However, what bands do people hate most? Search no further: engineer and blogger Randal Cooper has compiled his own map based on the top 50 artists on Spotify in relation to where they are despised most geographically in America. Unsurprisingly, it appears the South and Midwest never warmed to reggae icon Bob Marley, while residents in the Pacific Northwest don’t seem to have been big fans of R. Kelly’s newest LP Black Panties.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving