Virginians still love Dave Matthews Band and Rick Ross still reigns as the Teflon Don in Florida, according to the Echo Nest’s map published this week that showcased the most popular bands in the U.S. on a state-by-state basis.
However, what bands do people hate most? Search no further: engineer and blogger Randal Cooper has compiled his own map based on the top 50 artists on Spotify in relation to where they are despised most geographically in America. Unsurprisingly, it appears the South and Midwest never warmed to reggae icon Bob Marley, while residents in the Pacific Northwest don’t seem to have been big fans of R. Kelly’s newest LP Black Panties.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List