U.S. players who make the final World Cup squad will receive at least $76,000 each from U.S. Soccer, Sports Illustrated reports.
That’s just the starting point, however, for determining an individual athlete’s earnings at the competition. If the team manages to progress into the later rounds of the tournament, players like Clint Dempsey and Michael Bradley could be in for a big payday, while those who don’t make the 23-person roster could get far less.
Read more at Sports Illustrated.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time