Last year’s foodie fairy tale finally has a happy ending. The woman who blogged about making 300 sandwiches so her boyfriend would propose got a ring on her finger with 43 sandwiches to spare.
On Tuesday, New York Post reporter Smith wrote that her boyfriend Eric Schulte proposed to her in Barbados after only 257 sandwiches. “Words cannot express how extraordinarily happy I am. Not because I have a engagement ring, but because I’m going to spend the rest of my life having ridiculously amazing adventures with my soul mate,” she wrote. “My mouth hurts from smiling.”
His mouth hurts from eating all those sandwiches.
Smith sparked Internet outrage last year after penning an article about how her blonde boy-toy woke her up with sweet declarations like “You’ve been up for 15 minutes and you haven’t made me a sandwich?” She then decided to make him 300 sandwiches to prove to him that she is “wife material.” Guess he finally got the message.
What a catch.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time