An iPhone game that puts you in the shoes of a pot entrepreneur is blazing past the competition.
Weed Firm lets players follow a marijuana seller’s career through potscapades ranging from smoky hangouts with models to close shaves with the police. The goal of the game, which is rated 17+, is to grow and sell cannabis in order fulfill tasks and amass a large amount of wealth.
Weed Firm is at the number two spot on the iTunes Music Store’s Free Games best-seller list as of Tuesday morning. It briefly hit the number one spot Monday, The Cannabist reports, burning other mobile gaming favorites like Candy Crush and Angry Birds. It also has more than 4,600 five-star reviews and counting.
The game’s popularity, perhaps, speaks to heady modern times of marijuana legalization and relaxing attitudes towards pot.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction