Updated 4:53 p.m. ET
Michael Jace, an actor who played a police officer in FX’s The Shield, told 911 that he shot his wife, police announced Tuesday. Jace was arrested earlier in the day by real members of the Los Angeles Police Department Tuesday for the fatal shooting of his wife.
Detective Dean Vinluan said a police printout of the incident reported that Jace made the comment to a 911 operator, according to the Associated Press. Detectives are looking into whether marital or financial difficulties were a factor in the shooting.
A local CBS affiliate on the scene in Hyde Park reported that neighbors called the police at 8:30pm Monday upon hearing shouting and gunshots coming from Jace’s home. Police found April Jace, 40, dead inside and then took her husband of 9 years in for questioning.
After being detained Monday, Jace, 51, was booked on a homicide charge.
Jace, who played Officer Julien Lowe on the FX show, was also known for a guest appearance in Southland, another show about the L.A. police, and played law enforcement officers in CSI, The Mentalist, Burn Notice, Private Practice, and NYPD Blue. He also had a small part as a black panther in the 1994 movie Forrest Gump.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out