Pressure is growing on Jay Z and Beyoncé to turn the short promotional film they released on Sunday into a real movie.
More than 1,000 fans have signed a petition at change.org calling for the celebrity couple to make a full-length version of a video produced to promote their joint summer tour. The clip feels like an action-packed movie trailer and features such Hollywood icons as Blake Lively, Jake Gyllenhaal and Sean Penn.
“We, the BeyHive and JAY Z fans would love for our two favorite artists to actually make a full length movie based off of the trailer,” the fans write in the lead-up to the petition, stressing that it would “sell millions.”
Beyoncé and Jay Z, who are featured in the short film shooting guns and running from the cops, launch their On the Run tour in Florida next month.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up