Millenials (and all other Pokémon fans) rejoice, Pokémon is coming to Netflix.
The first season of the Japanese anime Pokémon originally aired in the U.S. in 1998 and follows an aspiring Pokémon trainer, Ash Ketchum, on his quest to become a Pokémon master. Ash and his adorably bankable Pokémon partner Pikachu travel the world battling gym leaders and the dastardly incompetent Team Rocket all while the former repeatedly demonstrates his inability to weaken a Pokémon before trying to capture it.
The original first season of Pokémon, Pokémon: Indigo League, and the Pokémon: Black & White seasons will be available for streaming beginning on Saturday, March 1st. Two movies, Pokémon the Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram and Pokémon the Movie: White—Victini and Zekrom, will also be available for streaming.
Prepare yourselves for a healthy dose of nostalgia–just remember your tissues for the Butterfree episode.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com