An Illinois Breaking Bad fan has been arrested for allegedly having a meth lab, among other things, in his residence, the Cook County sheriff’s office announced Wednesday.
Daniel Kowalski—who it seems may not have yet seen how Breaking Bad ends—was arrested on Monday evening, after officers acted on a tip that he may have been cooking meth again. The alleged criminal mastermind, age 21, was originally arrested last July for having a suspected meth lab, and he was wearing an electronic monitoring device at the time of his arrest. He’s been charged with possession of a controlled substance and having materials for a meth lab. Officers say they found glass beakers, burners, chemicals and “12 jars of psychedelic mushrooms in the residence.”
Kowalski was arrested, awesomely, wearing a “Los Pollos Hermanos” t-shirt, the name of the food chain that serves as a front for a massive international meth operation through part of the show Breaking Bad.
If he has actually watched a good bit of Breaking Bad, Kowalski may have taken the wrong message from the show. Maybe meth clouded his judgement.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma