If Hollywood hasn’t already reached peak superhero, studios are certainly getting close. But the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie is trying to offer something different amid the influx of spandex, power suits and caped collectives infiltrating theaters — sheer goofiness.
The first trailer from the movie, which debuted in February, offered an introduction to the intergalactic gang: Chris Pratt as heroic outlaw Peter “Star-Lord” Quill; Zoe Saldana as alien assassin Gamora; Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer; Bradley Cooper as a genetically engineered raccoon; and Vin Diesel as an arboriculturalist’s worst nightmare.
Now with ice breakers out of the way, a second trailer that premiered Monday teases much more of what awaits moviegoers come August: action, adventure and explosions galore.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk