College sports are serious business. That’s why the genius football recruiters over at Rice University successfully wooed a star high school quarterback, J.T. Granato, by writing a recruiting letter to his cat.
The note—addressed to “Kitty Granato”—read: “Please help us to get J.T. to choose Rice,” adding, “[p]aw me in case you have any questions.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time