A new trailer for Christopher Nolan’s next film, Interstellar, was released Friday. The film stars Matthew McConaughey as an astronaut who must leave his family on Earth and travel through a wormhole to save the world from famine. The details of his mission are still fuzzy, but judging by all the shots of swirling storms and burning crops, our planet seems to be trapped in an extreme Dust Bowl scenario, leaving humans no choice but to look elsewhere in the universe for sustenance.
You can expect a few familiar Nolan features: a gloomy color palette, some friends from the Dark Knight trilogy (Michael Caine as mastermind rocket scientist, Anne Hathaway as fellow space traveler), and a dramatically swelling Hans Zimmer score.
Interstellar opens in November.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.