Is it a burger, or is it a burrito? It’s more like a “burgerrito.”
McDonald’s is adding guacamole to a new burger sold at select franchises. Available in Denver, Colorado, the Guacamole Burger sports a Hass avocado guacamole, pico de gallo, lettuce and white Cheddar and is served on a shiny artisan bun.
The burger is priced on the higher end at $4.79. But at the locations where it’s available in Denver, guacamole can be added for 89 cents to any sandwich, and diners can also order a guacamole dip, CBS reports. And crispy or grilled chicken versions of the Guacamole Burger are also available.
McDonald’s has tried guacamole on its Chicken Flatbreads in 2010, according to Burger Business, and it is among the toppings offered at the “build your own burger” program in southern California.
The fast food giant may be heading into uncertain territory, however: Chipotle announced in April that items like guacamole were placing a heavy burden on its expenses.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.