Harrison Ford has been offered the chance to reprise his iconic role as Rick Deckard in the upcoming sequel to Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner.
“We believe that Hampton Fancher and Michael Green have crafted with Ridley Scott an extraordinary sequel to one of the greatest films of all time,” said Alcon Entertainment bigwigs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson, according to Variety. “We would be honored, and we are hopeful, that Harrison will be part of our project.”
The storyline of the sequel is a closely guarded secret, but will certainly be set several decades after the Academy Award-nominated original, which took place in a dystopian 2019 Los Angeles.
Ford has already agreed to return as Han Solo in Disney’s Star Wars Episode VII, and Sci-Fi fans are desperately hoping the same will be true for Blade Runner, which is based on the Philip K. Dick’s novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer