Tina Fey, oracle of comedy, appeared on Late Night with Seth Meyers to deliver her theory about who will be the first woman to rule late night.
“The Late Night Wars are my Super Bowl,” said Tina. “It’s like fantasy football for me.”
And because she’s Tina, she knows who will win.
“A lot of times these hosts get their job when they’re 35 or 40, and they keep them ’till they’re 65. So I was like, if you’re a lady—what do you wear? Because if you go in with a cocktail dress, and then you’re 45, you’re 50, there’s gonna come a day when you go ‘I don’t got it! Bring me the jacket!’ That’s why I think Ellen is going to be the first person to break through—because she’s already wearing jackets.”
Maybe we should all start wearing jackets.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time