Rejoice, astronauts of the moon landings to come. A Japanese sports drink company has a treat in store for you.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. announced Thursday their plan to land a can of their sports drink Pocari Sweat on the moon in October 2015, making it the first commercial beverage to reach the lunar surface, according to the company.
Otsuka says it hopes people who land on the moon in the future will mix the Pocari Sweat, which ships to the moon in powdered form, with lunar water to make the sports drink. The powdered drink mix will be accompanied in a Pocari Blue-shaped time capsule by messages written by thousands of children around Asia.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Otsuka declined to reveal the cost of shipping a can of Pocari Blue to the surface of the moon.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement