New details emerged on Wednesday surrounding allegations that Justin Bieber tried to steal a female fan’s phone at a Los Angeles family-fun center earlier this week.
The “Believe” singer’s attorney Howard Weitzman told the Associated Press that a fan approached the pop star on Monday night and was trying to take photographs while he was hitting baseballs in a batting cage.
Weitzman said his 20-year-old client asked the fan to refrain from bothering him, and employees at the park later confirmed that the woman was being aggressive.
“I would think this would fade away, given the facts here,” said Weitzman, according to the Associated Press.
However, allegations reached police that Bieber ripped the phone out of the woman’s hand and started screaming at onlookers.
Law-enforcement officers have interviewed the fan in question, and there are no reports that Bieber has been detained over the incident. Authorities are asking anyone with information to come forward.
“The case remains under investigation, with detectives conducting numerous interviews,” LAPD said in a statement on Wednesday.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.