New details emerged on Wednesday surrounding allegations that Justin Bieber tried to steal a female fan’s phone at a Los Angeles family-fun center earlier this week.
The “Believe” singer’s attorney Howard Weitzman told the Associated Press that a fan approached the pop star on Monday night and was trying to take photographs while he was hitting baseballs in a batting cage.
Weitzman said his 20-year-old client asked the fan to refrain from bothering him, and employees at the park later confirmed that the woman was being aggressive.
“I would think this would fade away, given the facts here,” said Weitzman, according to the Associated Press.
However, allegations reached police that Bieber ripped the phone out of the woman’s hand and started screaming at onlookers.
Law-enforcement officers have interviewed the fan in question, and there are no reports that Bieber has been detained over the incident. Authorities are asking anyone with information to come forward.
“The case remains under investigation, with detectives conducting numerous interviews,” LAPD said in a statement on Wednesday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org