Make sure your home is ready for summer, with these maintenance projects from Porch.com.
June has the longest daylight hours, making this month perfect for getting outside and enjoying warmer weather. In some parts of the country, June is the start of summer storms and homeowners may need to prepare for sudden showers or power outages. In other parts of the country, June brings increased heat and dryness; homeowners will want to focus on water conservation and shade. Regardless of your particular weather pattern, there are plenty of ways to keep your home beautiful, safe and functional in June.
- keep your raised beds and container gardens moist
- deadhead spring blooms
- plant sun-loving herb seeds like basil, chives, thyme, and sage
- plants edibles like pumpkins, melons, beets, carrots, beans and summer/winter squashes
- check smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- service air conditioning unit
- swap out seasonal clothes and bedding
- turn over mattresses
- organize garage for summer activities
- power wash the patio and clean off outdoor furniture
Check out more maintenance calendars from Porch.
Tip of the Month
Create a summer car emergency kit! Fill a container or box with bug spray, bug bite relief, sunblock, hats, and an umbrella. Keep an extra gallon of water to make sure everyone stays hydrated while on the road.