Personal finance from around the Web:
- Remember that bond-fund manager who got ousted from TCW in a dispute that, uh, reeked of pot and porn? Well, on Tuesday his new firm will be launching two new mutual funds. [DoubleLine Funds]
- An 8.2 percent rise in NAR pending home sales index indicates that more Americans are looking to buy homes. [The Atlantic]
- In return for a small pay cut, employees could avoid layoffs with work-sharing (and gain some free time). [It's Your Money]
- Want a better understanding of what's going on in the job market? Here's an in-depth analysis of the latest job report from the BLS. [FiveThirtyEight]
- Despite recent job growth, the unemployment rate may stay high because many people out of the work force, previously too discouraged to even look for work, have started hunting for jobs again. [The Washington Post]
- History, we hope, won't repeat itself. But just in case, here's how to avoid the next real estate bubble. [Generation X Finance]
Follow MONEY on Twitter at http://twitter.com/money.