Personal finance from around the Web:
- A debtor strikes back! Bill collectors complain that Craig Cunningham is a “credit terrorist,” but the West Point grad has made $20,000 taking companies to court over their allegedly improper bill-collection practices. [Dallas Observer]
- Too fat to fly: Poll results released by travel site skyscanner.net found that three-quarters of the 550 Brits surveyed are in favor of Air France’s proposal to begin charging obese passengers for the cost of second seat. [FT Money Matters]
- Battling bad credit? One author explains why filing for bankruptcy was “one of the smartest financial decisions I’ve ever made.” [WalletPop]
- Did you know the best time to buy a treadmill, if you want a good discount, is February? How about a new lawnmower in May? Here’s a consumer calendar for the budget conscious. [The Digerati Life]
- Time for a new investment: Mint compiles the 50 funds you should consider this year. [Live Mint]
Follow More Money on Twitter at http://twitter.com/moremoneyblog.