Personal finance from around the Web:
- The dollar has fallen against the euro in the wake of a report that employers unexpectedly cut jobs in December. [Bloomberg]
- The Obama administration is announcing funding for fuel-efficiency projects it estimates will provide provide 500 jobs near-term in areas such as research and engineering. There’s potential, says the administration, to create 6,000 positions in manufacturing and assembly by 2015. [Reuters]
- A Prudential video about the benefits of variable annuities employs some non-standard mathematics. [All Financial Matters]
- Wall Street vs. Main Street: Who made the right prediction about 2009? Who will be right about 2010? [Wise Bread]
- Not sure if it makes sense to work part-time while you’re enrolled in college? A father and son weigh the advantages and disadvantages. [The Wall Street Journal]
Follow More Money on Twitter at http://twitter.com/moremoneyblog.