Michael Sam's St. Louis Rams jersey is the second-best selling NFL rookie jersey so far, the league said Monday.
Sam became the first openly gay football player to be drafted by the NFL on Saturday, when the Rams picked him in the seventh round of the draft. Sam kissed his boyfriend, and President Barack Obama congratulated Sam in a statement.
NFL spokeswoman Joanna Hunter confirmed that between Thursday and Sunday, Sam's jersey was the second-highest selling rookie jersey. Here's the list of the top five selling rookie jerseys:
1. Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
2. Michael Sam, St. Louis Rams
3. Jadeveon Clowney, Houston Texans
4. Teddy Bridgewater, Minnesota Vikings
5. Blake Bortles, Jacksonville Jaguars