"Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career," Short said in a statement announcing his departure from the hit ABC show. Outside the show, the actor has faced problems with the law
Columbus Short said Friday that he won’t be returning to ABC’s Scandal next year after starring in the show’s first three seasons.
Short’s character, Harrison Wright, ended last season held at gunpoint, with his fate left unknown.
Outside the show, the actor has faced problems with the law. He was arrested last month in Los Angeles on felony charges for alleging hitting another man, and in February he was charged with misdemeanor spousal battery, to which he pled not guilty.
His full statement Friday, via Deadline:
At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I’ve called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today. I would like to first thank Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series. I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful.