1. Viola Davis discusses how having grown up in poverty has affected her life in Hollywood.
2. RuPaul explains why not to take life too seriously.
3. Riz Ahmed reveals the benefits of sticking around even when you feel you don’t belong.
4. John Legend talks about the intersection of art and activism.
5. Gavin Grimm describes what it’s like to have your private life inspire a public conversation.
People Entertainment WEEKLY NETWORK
To celebrate the release of the TIME 100, the People/Entertainment Weekly Network is releasing “The It List: The 100 Most Influential People,” a special episode featuring interviews with members of the TIME 100, as well as TIME writers and editors who discuss their selections. To watch, go to people.com/PEN or download the PEN app.
Please recycle this magazine and remove inserts or samples before recycling
This appears in the May 01, 2017 issue of TIME.