1. Maybe librarians can save us from fake news.
By Kaitlyn Tiffany in the Verge
2. Voters might be tired of politics, but they still love democracy.
By Richard Wike at the World Economic Forum
3. Rising insurance costs might help cities tackle police misconduct.
By Ben Christopher in Priceonomics
4. America’s unprecedented election is giving teachers a chance to revive civics education.
By Josh Kenworthy at the Christian Science Monitor
5. This is why good nonprofit jobs matter.
By Molly M. Scott at the Urban Institute
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.