1. The smartest investment to clean urban air: trees.
By Pascal Mittermaier in Project Syndicate
2. ‘Good’ cholesterol could be a myth.
By Damian Garde in STAT
3. The future of batteries — long lasting and safe — might be found in a junkyard.
By David Salisbury at Vanderbilt University
4. Want your kids to learn how to make hard decisions? Let them lose sometimes.
By Caroline Hanna at Amherst College
5. Technology is everywhere in schools — except in how we design them.
By Danish Kurani in Quartz
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.