1. This is why it’s harder to read everything on the web.
By Sarah Knapton in the Telegraph
2. It is only a matter of time before artificial intelligence turns to crime.
By John Markoff in the New York Times
3. College rankings are anti-diversity.
By Kim A. Wilcox in Zócalo Public Square
4. The new normal: Innovation is surging, but productivity will probably stay low.
By Timothy B. Lee in Vox
5. Can we harness the wind energy from a hurricane?
By Michelle Z. Donahue in Smithsonian
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.