1. Online applications have wrecked college admissions. Here’s how to fix them.
By Anne Kim in the Washington Monthly
2. Should LGBT inmates have their own prisons?
By Daniel Malloy in Ozy
3. Democracy depends on the consent of the losers.
By Uri Friedman in the Atlantic
4. How to walk around the world without leaving New York.
By Garnette Cadogan in BuzzFeed
5. This is why you can’t run the country like a startup.
By Darrell Etherington in TechCrunch
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.