Samsung has suspended Galaxy Note 7 sales because of exploding batteries+ READ ARTICLE
A Florida man’s recently recalled Samsung phone exploded and set his vehicle on fire earlier on Monday, he said.
Nathan Dornacher said his Galaxy Note 7 smartphone was charging inside his SUV when it burst into flames, which then engulfed his vehicle. The incident came days after Samsung said it is suspending Galaxy Note 7 sales because batteries of some of the smartphones exploded while they were charging.
“Not the barbecue I wanted on my day off,” Dornacher wrote on Facebook, sharing photos of his vehicle on fire and the charred remnants of his cellphone.
No one was injured in the incident. “We are safe no one was hurt all that matters to me,” Dornacher wrote on Facebook.
Samsung did not immediately return a request for comment on Thursday. The company said in a statement to Fox 10 that it was aware of the incident and urged customers to swap in their Galaxy Note 7 phones. “We are working with Mr. Dornacher to investigate his case and ensure we do everything we can for him,” the statement said.