Amy Schumer‘s memoir, The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo, gets serious pretty quickly. The comic known for Trainwreck and Inside Amy Schumer discusses her parents’ divorce, her dad’s battle with multiple sclerosis and an abusive relationship.
She does share some funny but dark anecdotes, like about the time she and her sister were caught shoplifting at Bloomingdale’s, or how she found out about her mother’s third marriage when she discovered a photo of the ceremony while visiting home from college. Here’s are 10 new things we learned about the comic who calls herself “over-exposed.”
- She considers herself an introvert.
- She sold weed and shoplifted to make ends meet in college.
- She really likes creepy stuffed animals, like a teddy bear with two heads she got from a one-time boyfriend.
- She’s worked as an aerobics instructor, a pedicab driver and a waitress at a steakhouse.
- She once “shushed” Vin Diesel.
- She’s only had one one-night-stand.
- That said, she has at least kissed a musician, an NHL player and an NFL player—and all those encounters went somewhat disastrously.
- She once blacked out and woke up with a guy she did not know going down on her.
- Her high school entourage tried to smoke weed both at Saturday Night Live and in Carnegie Hall.
- She met her current boyfriend Ben on a dating app aimed at creative people.