If there were ever an honorary member of team USA, Leslie Jones is one. Since day 1 of the Olympics, the Ghostbusters star has tweeted nearly non-stop, providing her own fiercely enthusiastic commentary of the games. She’s even been invited by NBC to attend the Rio games as a contributor.
Here are the best moments shared on Jones’s Twitter that proves she deserves her own gold medal in “inspirational Olympic commentary.”
1. She understands one-on-one personal encouragement.
2. Under pressure? Leslie will give you a pep talk.
3. She is your best PR.
4. She’ll remind you that when you fall down, you have to get back up again.
5. In the final stretch, she’s right there with you.
6. She recognizes other accomplishments in your life.
7. She’s nervous for you too—a little bit like your own mom.
We will look forward to Jones bringing her own brand of support to NBC’s coverage of the games. Hopefully her more official role won’t keep her from tweeting her unofficial videos.