By Mark Rivett-Carnac
May 17, 2016

The chances of finding missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370 are dwindling, the leader of the Australian search team said.

Martin Dolan, head of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), said the operation had already scoured 105,000 of the 120,000-sq-km search area. The Guardian reports that there is no plan to expand the area of the original operation, which was agreed upon by the governments of Malaysia, Australia and China.

Earlier this month, the ATSB said two pieces of wreckage found on the coasts of South Africa and Mauritius were “almost certainly” from MH 370, which disappeared from skies in March 2014 en route to Beijing with 239 people on board.

[Guardian]

Write to Mark Rivett-Carnac at mark.rivett-carnac@timeasia.com.

SPONSORED FINANCIAL CONTENT

You May Like

EDIT POST