In advance of this special issue curated by TIME's editors, we asked readers to weigh in on who they thought should make the list. Here are their top choices, by percentage of votes received:
AUNG SAN SUU KYI
IN THEIR OWN WORDS
This year's honorees talk about legacy and influence--and the people who influenced them--in a series of short films produced by Francesca Trianni and edited by Diane Tsai. Watch them all at time.com/time100
1. Christine Lagarde encourages people to fight internal doubt
2. Priyanka Chopra talks about breaking stereotypes
3. Nicki Minaj praises being "unapologetic"
4. Ronda Rousey addresses optimism after failure
5. Karlie Kloss takes social media with a grain of salt
6. Lin-Manuel Miranda confronts the question "What do we leave behind?"
Please recycle this magazine and remove inserts or samples before recycling