He has a new album on the way and lots of thoughts about the Grammys
Kanye West is on his second tweet spree in 24 hours.
On Tuesday night he fired back at rock producer Bob Ezrin, who called the rapper “sophomoric at best” in a recent newsletter, saying he was “tired of old people that have no connection with anything trying to comment on music.” On Wednesday, West hopped back online to share some thoughts, this time covering a variety of topics:
- He says he’s going to release a new album this summer, though given the messy rollout of The Life of Pablo, Kanye West is probably not a reliable source about Kanye West release dates.
- He loves the paparazzi because he gives “respect to everyone working hard to keep a roof over their kids”
- His admission of debt was his “greatest personal shame”
- West thinks the Grammys are out of touch. “I know so many cool artists whose hearts have been broken by the politics including mine,” he wrote.
- The Grammys can start by booking Future and Young Thug at next year’s ceremony. “You like your black people a certain way also,” he wrote. “You wouldn’t have Future perform and that man owned the clubs last summer.”
- He thinks Dexter Navy, who directed A$AP Rocky’s “LSD” video, should have won the Best Music Video Award at this year’s Grammys instead of Joseph Kahn for Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” spectacle.
- He has a new tweet that will rival his “creative process” quote for trendiest Facebook cover photo: “I’m not even gon lie to you. I love me so much right now.”