By Melissa Chan
December 14, 2015

No evidence has been found so far that indicates an act of terrorist brought down a Russian passenger plane in Sinai, Egypt officials said Monday.

Egypt’s civil aviation ministry said a completed preliminary report of the Oct. 31 crash that killed 224 people found no signs of a criminal act.

“The technical investigative committee has so far not found anything indicating any illegal intervention or terrorist action,” it said in a statement.

The head of Russia’s FSB security service said in November the deadly crash was caused by a homemade explosive device, telling Russian President Vladimir Putin the bombing was a “terrorist” act, the Associated Press reported at the time.

Several air lines have postponed all flights to Sharm al-Sheikh airport until the security improves.

The Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for the downing of the Metrojet Airbus A321, saying it planted an explosive on board.

The technical investigation is still ongoing, Egypt’s civil aviation ministry said.

SPONSORED FINANCIAL CONTENT

You May Like

EDIT POST