1. The U.S. economy really is doing better. So why don’t voters believe it?
By Ben Casselman in FiveThirtyEight
2. One disease kills more people than HIV, malaria and tuberculosis combined. Here’s how to fight it.
By Ben Hirschler in Reuters Africa
3. Here’s why airline still don’t make money.
By Alex Mayyasi in Priceonomics
4. India could be Africa’s perfect trading partner.
By Ashlyn Anderson at the Council on Foreign Relations
5. Here’s a digital piggy bank that teaches kids to manage their money.
By Vashti Hallissey in PSFK
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.