1. Oklahoma’s earthquakes are a national security threat.
By Matthew Philips at Bloomberg
2. The gig economy could be great for women.
By Anne-Marie Slaughter in Wired
3. Our nation’s racist past is making all of us sicker.
By Heather Tirado Gilligan in JSTOR Daily
4. Paul Ryan should be speaker of the whole House of Representatives, not one party.
By Mickey Edwards in the New York Times
5. America’s addiction to air conditioning is killing the planet.
By Rory Carroll in the Guardian
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.