Oh, Jennifer Lawrence. You’re the girl we can all imagine being best friends with, and you also happen to be a wildly famous Oscar-winning actress.
After a few years in the public eye, J.Law’s shtick is going strong: her swearing, her love of french fries, her clumsiness, her on-camera outbursts. Sure, some people might find her to be annoying or crass, but there’s no denying that she still reigns supreme as America’s BFF.
So, to celebrate Lawrence’s 25th birthday this Saturday, here’s a look at 25 classic moments that have shaped the J.Law brand.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. When she took a shot before her Oscars press interview.
2. When she snuggled with David Letterman.
3. When she got a tattoo that had a typo.
The actress decided to get a subtle “H20” tattooed on her hand, but the “2” ended up high when it’s supposed to be low. She managed to laugh it off: “I should have googled it before I got it tattooed on my body forever.”
4. When she was really, really excited to hang out with Bill Murray.
5. When she was really, really excited to hang out with Cuba Gooding Jr.
7. When she tripped at the Oscars.
8. When she tripped at the Oscars. Again.
9. When she told Jon Stewart he was weird and then rubbed hand sanitizer on his desk.
10. When she rode a jet ski with Amy Schumer.
11. When she had a hilariously uncomfortable interaction with Jack Nicholson.
17. When she stood up for herself.
In late 2014, Lawrence shed her usual lighthearted routine to get a bit more serious and spread a message.
“It is not a scandal. It is a sex crime,” Lawrence told Vanity Fair about the massive photo hack that affected her and many other female celebrities. “It is a sexual violation. It’s disgusting. The law needs to be changed, and we need to change.”
She added: “Time does heal, you know. I’m not crying about it anymore. I can’t be angry anymore. I can’t have my happiness rest on these people being caught, because they might not be. I need to just find my own peace.”
19. When she photobombed Sarah Jessica Parker.
20. When she photobombed Taylor Swift.
J.Law reportedly joked that she was planning to push Swift down the stairs.
21. When she showed off her Cher impression.
22. When she pointed out how crazy the paparazzi really are.
“If I were just your average 23-year-old girl and I called the police to say that there were strange men sleeping on my lawn and following me to Starbucks, they would leap into action,”she told Vogue in 2013. “But because I am a famous person, well, sorry, ma’am, there’s nothing we can do. It makes no sense.”
23. When she begged David Letterman not to retire.
24. When she participated in that epic celebrity selfie.
25. When she officially became America's BFF, and won (almost) everyone's hearts.
Whether you’re a fan of the J.Law shtick or not, there’s no denying that she’s become one of America’s most beloved and coveted stars. Some of us want to be her, some of us want to be best friends with her and some of us just can’t wait until her next movie comes out. (Or until her next red carpet tumble.)
So, Jennifer Lawrence, on your 25th birthday, here’s to you. Congratulations on winning an Oscar, charming America and making Hollywood a little more fun. Oh, and for accomplishing more in 25 years than most of us will accomplish in a lifetime.