Some insights about how to be more charismatic from research, with links to the studies:
- Assume everyone already likes you and they probably will.
- When you speak in public, use imagery.
- In general, limit your time at the computer. It can degrade social skills.
- Guys, consider growing a beard.
- A course that was successful in making managers more charismatic focused on these techniques:
-Framing through metaphor-stories and anecdotes
-Demonstrating moral conviction
-Sharing the sentiments of the collective
-Setting high expectations
-Using rhetorical devices such as contrasts, lists, and rhetorical questions together with non-verbal tactics such as body gesture, facial expression, and animated voice tone.
For more tips on how to get people to like you (from an FBI behavior expert) click here.
Join over 195,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.